Here are the top performers from Week 6:
1. Parker Maas & Anthony Rosanio, FB & RB, Marple Newtown: The Tigers, in desperate need of a win, got a pair of 95-yard rushing efforts from Maas and Rosanio. Together, they led a rushing unit that churned out 329 yards in a rout of Harriton.
2. Nolan Cummings, LB, Cardinal O’Hara: I covered O’Hara’s 57-7 shellacking of Bishop McDevitt, so I might seem a little biased here in picking Cummings He played only one quarter and change, but the junior MLB wrecked havoc against McDevitt’s rushing attack. By my count, Cumming had roughly four or five tackles for a loss, most coming in a first quarter in which the Lions scored 40 points. Four-zero. So even though the Lions had their offense clicking, Cummings was a big factor on D.
3. Mike Ockimey, WR/DB, Bonner-Prendergast: Ockimey caught three passes for
49 yards and one touchdown and had an interception return for a touchdown. Ockimey’s performance was exactly what the Friars were looking for against Lansdale Catholic, snapping a two-game losing.
4. Caleb Favino, RB, Delco Christian: The Knights were handed a 7-6 loss by Lower Moreland, but Favino was very productive. The senior posted 149 yards on 20 carries and hauled in two catches for 13 yards. Favino, who missed all of his junior year due to injury, is showing signs of what made him such as dangerous varsity player when he was a sophomore.
5. Marcus Sydnor, WR/DB, Haverford High: Sydnor has been a standout defensive player and go-to guy in the Fords’ passing game all season. Both of Sydnor’s catches versus Octorara — against whom the Fords won, 49-23 — went for TDs. He totaled 74 yards on those plays.